Centrally located Grade II listed residence
The earliest reference for Broom House was from a tax record in 1240 with the earliest recorded owner being Thomas of Brome in 1275. The earliest timber framed section, Little Broom House was built circa 16th century by
Yoman Farmer with Big Broom House in the second half of the 17th century. In the 18th and 19th century it was owned by the Nash family, the surrounded land was farmed until the second world war. The accommodation
which has been carefully restored retains many original features including an abundance of exposed timbers, wooden flooring, original doors, exposed wattle and daub panels and is laid out over many levels. An entrance door
with etched glass panels opens to the reception hall with black and red terracotta tiled floor and door to cellar, the kitchen is L shaped to incorporate a breakfast area, has a Stanley Range, built in large corner fridge, dishwasher and a door to the gardens. The cosy snug
features wooden fire surround fitted with wood burner and door to a small porch. The dining room is particularly impressive with lovely parque flooring and Inglenook fireplace with built in seating and cast iron fireplace. From
the reception hall stairs lead up to a good sized cloakroom with traditional style suite and the sitting room which enjoys windows to three elevations and an open marble fireplace.
Off the first floor landing is the study, two double bedrooms both with fireplaces and a bathroom fitted in period style with roll top bath and a separate WC. On the next level is
a double bedroom again with fireplace, bathroom fitted in an attractive period style. Off the top floor landing are two further bedrooms and a shower room. Broom House is approached via gates to a gravel driveway
with railings to side that leads round to the tandem garage. The delightful gardens are screened from the drive with a yew hedge and approached via wrought iron gates. They
are laid to lawns, borders, paved terrace and a gravel bed with feature clipped Box.