Send us news by text, start your message CN News and your send photos and videos to 80360
Leighton Hospital norovirus restrictions lifted
3:40pm Monday 20th January 2014 in News
TEMPORARY visiting restrictions that were in place on all adult wards at Leighton Hospital in Crewe following outbreaks of norovirus have been lifted.
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MCHFT) said cases of the diarrhoea and vomiting bug had been managed successfully and the majority of patients have now recovered from the virus.
Karen Egan, associate director of infection prevention and control, said: “We are grateful to all staff that have helped to maintain the safety of our patients by adhering to strict infection prevention and control measures.
“Their commitment and increased vigilance has helped to reduce the impact on the hospital and to patients being cared for on other wards.
“Additionally, we would like to thank visitors and members of the public for adhering to our temporary visiting restrictions, as this has helped us greatly in bringing the outbreaks to a close by ensuring essential visiting only.”
The trust said it is continuing to maintain stringent hygiene measures and additional cleaning schedules to ensure that any further cases that may be present can be managed appropriately.
Visitors are asked to continue with strict hygiene measures to help prevent any recurrences on the wards.
Karen added: “We are advising all visitors to ensure thorough hand-washing when entering or leaving a ward area and to use the hand gels provided at the entrance and exit to all patient areas.
“Visitors are advised not to visit the hospital if they themselves feel unwell with any nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea or cold and flu type symptoms, as this can lead to further infections being spread to our patients.”
Comments are closed on this article.