Send us news by text, start your message CN News and your send photos and videos to 80360
E-cigarette charge linked to Crewe house fire
Updated 11:53am Tuesday 28th January 2014 in News
A HOUSE fire in Crewe is believed to have been linked to the charging of an electronic cigarette.
Two fire engines attended the incident at an address in Yates Street at 6.03pm on Sunday, January 26.
Crews found a fire on the ground floor living room of a semi detached house in Crewe required firefighters to attend.
Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets and one covering jet to extinguish the blaze.
A large fan was then use to remove smoke from the property and a thermal imaging camera was also used to check for further evidence of fire.
A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fire investigation officer attended the incident which is thought to have been started accidentally and connected to the charging of an electronic cigarette.”
Comments are closed on this article.