E-cigarette charge linked to Crewe house fire

E-cigerette charge linked to Crewe house fire

E-cigerette charge linked to Crewe house fire

First published in News
Last updated

A HOUSE fire in Crewe is believed to have been linked to the charging of an electronic cigarette.

Two fire engines attended the incident at an address in Yates Street at 6.03pm on Sunday, January 26.

Crews found a fire on the ground floor living room of a semi detached house in Crewe required firefighters to attend.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two hose reel jets and one covering jet to extinguish the blaze.

A large fan was then use to remove smoke from the property and a thermal imaging camera was also used to check for further evidence of fire.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “A fire investigation officer attended the incident which is thought to have been started accidentally and connected to the charging of an electronic cigarette.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree