Man treated after Crewe Kitchen fire

Crewe Guardian: Man treated after Crewe Kitchen fire Man treated after Crewe Kitchen fire

A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation following a kitchen fire in Crewe.

A fire engine from Crew was ordered to a smoke alarm sounding inside a first floor flat at Allen Place on Grosvenor Street at 2.54am on Sunday, February 23.

Once in attendance, the fire crew found that the flat was heavily smoke logged and a person was reported to be inside the flat.

The officer in charge requested another fire engine from Crew and one from Nantwich to be sent to the incident.

One male casualty was inside a bedroom suffering from smoke inhalation.

The casualty was rescued by firefighters from the bedroom and placed in the care of paramedics.

He was then taken to hospital by ambulance.

Firefighters found that the smoke was from an unattended grill pan that had been left on the hob. The fire crews used one hose reel jet to deal with the incident. Two firefighters wore breathing apparatus and a large fan was used to clear the smoke from the property.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree