Fridge fault caused fatal house fire - CFRS confirm

Fridge fault caused fatal house fire - CFRS confirm

Fridge fault caused fatal house fire - CFRS confirm

First published in News

A FIRE that claimed the life of a Wistaston woman was caused by an electrical fault in a refrigerator, Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service has announced.

Two fire engines from Crewe and one from Nantwich attended the blaze in Prior Close, Wistaston, at 7.04pm on Saturday, March 1.

Three fire crews, including four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, used two hose reel jets and one covering jet to tackle the flames.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “This was a fire on the ground floor of a bungalow which had spread to the roof.

“A large fan was also used to clear smoke, as the fire was being extinuished. “Unfortunately this fire was confirmed as a fatal incident, with one female fatality located within the property.

“Firefighters isolated the gas and electric. The roof of the neighbouring property was checked with a thermal imaging camera to see if the fire had spread, but the fire had not spread to this property. Police and ambulance attended the incident.

On Monday, March 3, A CFRS spokesman confirmed: “The initial fire investigation has been carried out.

“It is believed that this blaze was started by an electrical fault in the fridge.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree