Man rescued from Crewe house fire

Man rescued from Crewe house fire

Man rescued from Crewe house fire

First published in News

A 61-year-old man was rescued from a Crewe home that set ablaze in the early hours of Sunday.

Fire engines from Crewe and Holmes Chapel were called to reports of smoke issuing from the terraced house in Alton Street at 00.22am on May 4.

On arrival, two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the house and rescued the man, who was suffering from smoke inhalation.

One hose reel and one covering jet were used by crews to put out the small fire on the ground floor. They then used a specialist fan to clear smoke from the property.

The man was given first aid and oxygen therapy by the crews before being taken to hospital by paramedics due to smoke inhalation.

Firefighters left the scene shortly before 1 am.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree