CO-OP is urging customers to return its milk chocolate bunny due to fears it contains a battery which ‘can cause burns if swallowed’.

The food store chain, which has three shops in the Crewe area, has recalled the chocolate bunny after being made aware of a possible product tampering.

Due to the possible tampering, Co-op states that the hollow chocolate bunny’s may be hiding a small battery.

The Food Standards Agency said: “The product may contain a small battery which may be a choking hazard and can cause burns if swallowed.

“If you have bought the product do not eat it. Instead, return it to a Co-op store for a full refund, or contact their Customer Relation Team on 0800 0686 727.”