A WORKER at a business premises in Quakers Coppice has been treated for an electrical shock after an electrical fire broke out.

Two fire engines from Crewe fire station were sent to the scene at 10.38am today where they found a fire involving burning cables.

Firefigthers, four wearing breathing apparatus, extinguished the fire with dry powder extinguishers and a hose reel and a main jet.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service, said: “The electrical supplies were isolated which stopped the cables from smoking. One man was handed into the care of the ambulance service for treatment for a suspected electric shock.

“The company's maintenance crew lifted floor tiles around the affected area under the supervision of the firefighters and the incident then left with site maintenance.”