A LABRADOR was rescued from a house fire by firefighters in Crewe yesterday.

Crews from Crewe and Nantwich were sent to Lord Street shortly after 7am on Wednesday, where they found a fire in a kitchen.

Firefighters tackled the fire and also rescued labrador, Patch, who was inside the house as the fire started to spread.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire Service said: “Firefighters were called to a fire in a kitchen.

“The crews used one hose reel to extinguish the fire before using a large fan to clear the smoke.

“The dog that was rescued was a labrador named Patch.”