Nantwich Town 2 Frickley 1

NANTWICH Town boss Danny Johnson praised his side’s resilience after going a man down and coming from behind to beat Frickley on Saturday.

Alex Frost was dismissed early on, but Ollie Devenney and Ben Deegan strikes secured the points after James Ghaichem had put the visitors in front.

Johnson felt his side did ‘magnificently’ to stick to their game plan against a Frickley outfit fighting for Northern Premier League Premier Division survival.

"To pick up three points when we played with 10 men against 11 for a good hour maybe, I thought we did absolutely magnificently,” he said.

"I'm really proud of the lads to dig in at that stage. I said to the lads at half time ‘they're down there for a reason’ if you stick to the task and don't concede early, which we did but luckily within five minutes we got back in to it, we can go on and win."

Frost saw red when he brought down Frickley’s Luke Hinsley only seven minutes into clash at the Weaver Stadium.

Frickley forward Gavin Allott threatened with a powerful shot on 16 minutes but Nantwich’s Steve James was equal to the drive.

Max Harrop almost got lucky with a low, spinning shot on 39 minutes but Frickley’s Ben Simpson pushed wide.

Ghaichem then profited from space created by Allott outside the Nantwich area on 56 minutes to curl in stylishly.

However, Devenney levelled a minute later with an outside of the foot finish after Andy White’s ball cut out Frickley right back Kaspar Amdal.

The visitors were then also reduced to 10 men as Allott was dismissed on 65 minutes for what the referee saw as an arm raised into the face of Deegan.

And it was Deegan who bagged the winner seven minutes later after Simpson dropped Devenney’s in-swinging corner.

Nantwich Steven James, Andrew Pearson, Andy White, Andy Keogh, Alex Frost (c), Mat Bailey, Nick Haughton, Oliver Devenney, Aaron Burns (Steve Foster 65), Ben Deegan (Sam Wilson 79), Max Harrop (Alex Meaney 83). Subs not used Josh Eastwood, Harry Clayton.